Saturday, October 29, 2011

Spending Time in Dallas

Following Stephen's two weeks of training at Bain and my two weeks in Ohio, we had about a week to spend together in Dallas.  On Friday afternoon I interviewed with Dallas Independent School District and was offered a job (yay!!!!).  I will be working at two elementary schools and one high school and I will start in January.  On Friday evening Stephen and I celebrated our 1 1/2 year anniversary (a few weeks early because we will be apart on our actual anniversary).  Stephen surprised me with a dinner date and a reservation at the Sheraton Hotel.  We had a great time.  On Saturday morning Stephen participated in the "Cereal Bowl" with his co-workers at Bain.  It was the associate consultants versus the consultants in an intense game of flag football.  The associate consultants won (thanks to Stephen who had multiple touchdowns!). 

We spent Monday through Wednesday looking at different apartments, condos, townhouses, and even small homes.  We found places we liked, but are yet to make a decision as to whether we want to rent or buy.  We're set on the Coppell or Valley Ranch areas though.

We are so grateful to Kelli and Josh Price who let us stay with them for 3 weeks!  They were wonderful hosts and were so kind to invite us to participate in their activities with family and friends.  On Tuesday evening Stephen and Josh went to a man night and watched a movie with some of Josh's friends, and Kelli and I made a trip to Hobby Lobby.  I'm so glad there's a Hobby Lobby in Dallas!


A view of Dallas on our annivesary date.  There was a lovely sunset, put the picture didn't quite catch it.

On our anniversary date.  I'm so lucky to be married to the most amazing man in the world!
 
The associate consultants with their trophy after their victorious game of flag football.

Kelli and me at Hobby Lobby.  This shopping cart is full of everything we wanted to buy.  But, alas, we stuck to the budgets determined by our husbands and put most of these items back.

No comments:

Post a Comment