Saturday, February 4, 2012

Cooking up a Storm!

One of my hobbies these days is cooking!  I like trying out new recipes as well as making some of our classic favorites.  Most recently I have enjoyed cooking meals with lots of vegetables.  It is amazing how much I like to cook considering I never cooked before we were married!  Below are some of the meals I have cooked recently.  Unfortunately, the camera just doesn't do the food justice!

Preparing one of my favorite meals, herbed pasta primevera.  It's healthy and vegetarian.

Here's the finished product with parmesan cheese and almonds on top.

This is a taco salad idea we got from a friend here in Dallas.  It has chicken, corn, black beans, and red onions in it.  

Crockpot Chicken 'n Dumplings Soup.

Preparing Mom Blunck's amazing homemade spaghetti sauce.

Here's the finished product, complete with Sheri's breadsticks recipe.

This is a new vegetarian pasta I tried the other week.  It has asparagus, zucchini, and yellow peppers in it, with a creamy Alfredo sauce.

Much to Stephen's dismay, I made vegetarian lasagna, complete with lots of spinach, broccoli, carrots, and lots of other good stuff.  For me, it was great.  For Stephen, it was one of those one-time-only meals.

Per Stephen's request, I made Thai Chicken in the crockpot.  It was a super easy recipe and turned out great.

This is a homemade chicken pizza recipe I actually got off the back of the Bisquick box.  Turned out great!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! You should post those two vegetarian pasta recipes-- I want to try them!

    ReplyDelete