Saturday, December 3, 2011

A Whole New World

A whole new world has been opened up to me since I met Stephen and his family.  This world includes living out in the country, raising cows, and farming, to name just a few.  More specifically and most recently this new world includes making homemade applesauce, juicing grapes, sewing baby blankets, making homemade flowers for girls' hair, and as of today, making table centerpieces out of real pine branches.  Before just a few days ago, I didn't even know there was such thing as centerpieces made out of real pine branches.  Janeece and I had a great time today making centerpieces at a beautiful garden center.  We also enjoyed looking at and purchasing a few of the hundreds of poinsettias.  I never new poinsettias could be any color but red!  A big thanks goes out to Mom Blunck, Sheri, and Janeece for teaching me all these new skills!

New week I look forward to participating in the cutting down of a real Christmas tree for the first time. :)

Making the centerpiece at the garden center

Janeece and I with our finished centerpieces

My centerpiece on display at home

A lovely small poinsettia for our room... the picture just doesn't do it justice!

1 comment:

  1. Shara, I is so much fun to see you take delight in learning these new things. You have been such a great sport to try so many new things. We are so grateful you have become part of our family. What a blessing you are to all of us.
    Love from Peru, MOM and DAD

    ReplyDelete